$105 – nelly.com
$68 – forevernew.com.au
$105 – bloomingdales.com
1) I forced my mother to sew my costume. So a big shout-out to her, as I can be very meticulous & picky
2) I coated the sea shells (bought from Michaels & actually quite heavy) and coated them a few times to create a sheen. I used a spray paint type of clear coat but you could also add sparkles, jewels, rhinestones, etc…
3) I bought a starfish also from Michaels and glued several layers of chunky coral sparkles on. I also hot glued two hair clips onto the back to secure tightly in my hair.
4) I found some make-up inspiration pictures on Pinterest to get an idea of what I wanted before the big day. Check out my “Haunted Halloween” board here. And follow me, sheesh. The inspiration was blue tones and bubbles, created with white & silver eyeliner pencils and liquid liner.
5) Lastly, find accessories to match your version of the costumes. I automatically thought “PEARLS” but you could also do a great charm bracelet. This could be like all the things and dohickeys that Ariel collects. But have fun with it & be creative! Don’t let one persons idea of a costume stop you!
What did you think of my DIY costume? Any big tricks up your sleeve for Halloween?
Have you watched any Halloween movies yet? I still feel like Halloween is so far away :(. Anyways, today’s movie pick is “Van Helsing”. Now it is not truly a Halloween movie but has all your classic characters like Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolf. Plus Hugh Jackman & Kate Beckinsale star in this movie; I mean you really can’t go wrong. This is my kind of action movie with a great theme to it.