Have you heard the news? The VS Fashion show date has been set! Mark your calendars ladies because December 10th is the date!
Here are some of the sneak peak outfit sketches that VS posted on their all access blog:
(Check out their post for yourself here)
Now, you might find yourself wondering why I might be talking about this as it really may not be considered a “fashion” show but more a parade of models in underwear. While that might be slightly true, you have to think of the bigger picture….
1) VS is one of the few, if only, brand to have a televised fashion show consistently.
2) They are targeting their audience through the show, using hashtags and creating pieces that get a buzz. This creates promotion through websites, blogs, etc that creates free press for them that they would normally pay for in TV, print or web ads.
3) Their models end up becoming or are HUGE names in the business. Uhm HELLO, Gisele Bündchen who wore the $15 million dollar Red Hot bra and topped Forbes’ highest pair model list in 2012. Other great VS models include: Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, Chanel Iman, Heidi Klum, Karolina Kurkova and Canadian model Linda Evangelista.
You can find some of your favourite VS girls walking in this show. Who’s your favourite? Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Lindsay Ellingson, Erin Heatherton, Karlie Kloss, Doutzen Kroes, Adriana Lima, Barbara Palvin, Behati Prinsloo, Candice Swanepoel? Will you miss the cool girl model Cara Delevigne walking for VS Pink? Who do you think will be performing? Is there anyway to really top Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars followed by Rihanna singing “Phresh off the runway” and stomping it out herself? I just don’t know if it is possible. This year will definitely have a different vibe because a VS favourite, Miranda Kerr, will not be walking as she is focusing on other pursuits. (But she has her own line of Kora Organics, can be seen in upcoming Reebok ads and Mango for Fall 13).
What do you think of the looks? Any favourites? I love the VS pink outfit. Even though I love the glamorous looks and luxurious wings that VS produces, I love the Pink portion because it is always so playful. Also, because Pink clothing probably makes up more than a 1/3 of my closet, but that’s besides the point ;). From the picture, we can see they will be playing up some hot trends right now like crop tops, beanies, playful prints and fun shoes! Can’t wait to see the whole show!
PS- Victoria Secret was shooting their Holiday marketing in Paris recently. You can’t get anymore romantic than that!
Will you be tuning in? Make sure to follow me on social media! I love to live tweets events like this
Twitter: @branded_babe; Instagram: branded_babe; Pinterest: Brandedbbe
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: 2013 Angels Revealed (hollywoodlife.com)
- One Direction Performing At Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show – REPORT (hollywoodlife.com)
- Victoria’s Secret Angels (whowearswhatk.wordpress.com)
- The Casting Director For The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Describes The ‘Terrifying’ Audition Process For Models (businessinsider.com)
- 6 content marketing lessons from the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (raventools.com)
- Victoria Secret Fashion Show 2014 Dates Announced (smokescreensandfeathers.wordpress.com)
- Behold, a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Preview (nymag.com)