Oh my, what a morning! After all the hype behind the launch of the collaboration, I didn’t know what to expect since this is the first launch of this kind of line since Target opened its doors in Canada. I couldn’t even carry on a conversation last night because I kept checking the #philliplimfortarget hashtag on Twitter to try and judge how mental it would be. But nothing could have prepared me for this day.
Initially, I had planned to leave for 7 am from downtown but I was so anxious, I ended up leaving around 6:15 am. I ended up at the Target at Centrepoint after 6:30 and there was already a line of about 20 people. I thought I wasn’t in too bad of shape but I believe I underestimated the power of designer-thirsty women. The line continued to draw a crowd as people came stumbling to line up with their Tims coffee in-hand.
Doors open. Madness ensued. Running began. Within seconds, all the gorgeous bags were gone.
But, luck was on my side! I ended up going to a less crazy location and found almost everything I was looking for! Even with some of the articles I had read, nothing could have prepared me for what happened today.
Here is some of the advice I had read for surviving the store’s collaboration launch:
2) Travel with a posse. Split up. Divide & conquer to get the pieces you want.
3) Wear flats. Will be easier for when the running commences.
4) Know the collection pieces so you know what to keep a look out for.
Here is some of the advice I have to give after today:
1) Have friends and family on speed-dial. Anyone who answers your call at 8am on a Sunday, is a true friend. This is an ungodly hour on a weekend.
2) Have a solid breakfast so you have the energy to out-run everyone to get to the items first. Or to out-muscle anyone who tries to snatch a bag out of your hand. (Once you see 50 women around a table, fighting for the last two bags; you will realize how important this truly is)
3) Take anything you can get your paws on. You can know all the pieces from the collection inside & out, but it really is about timing, luck and a great spot in line. (Or in my case, being super friendly on the phone to another location and getting them to put some stuff on hold. Shout out to the Oshawa store! )
Stay tuned- I will be posting photos soon!
Hope you all got your hands on some of the gorgeous pieces! What were you trying to find? What locations did you hit? Any stories?! [Comment below!]